News and economic event analysis disclaimer: This fundamental report is not advice or a recommendation to trade or invest, it is educational and general information only. Don’t blindly buy and sell the markets/products discussed in this article, do your own research and be aware of the risks and rewards.
Quick View: Dovish
- Bank of Japan (BOJ) maintain its interest rate and the monetary policy in April 2019 at -01% as well as government bond yield target for the next 10 years at 0%.
- Next BOJ meeting is on 20th June 2019.
- BOJ insists on ensuring both short-term and long-term interest rates at the lowest possible rate, at least until autumn 2020.
BOJ Economic Indicators
- Inflation of Japanese consumer prices stays at 0.2% for February 2019, no change in 15 months.
- Japan’s GDP seen an expansion to 1.4% in Q4 2018, after contraction to 2.6% in Q3 2018.
Expected Bias: JPY Bullish
- Even overall is expected to be bullish, but the market is still in risk-off mode.
- This is due to that US blocks China mobile company from offering service over national security concern, which resulted to drop in the Asia market.